Coaching Programs in Dallas-Fort Worth
Coaching Programs in Dallas-Fort Worth
A primary objective of the ICF North Texas Chapter is to facilitate professional coaching in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex by providing access to quality training. So, we are excited to provide a listing of Approved Coach Training Programs as a resource to anyone interested in strengthening their coaching skills. In this case, "Approved" refers to any program that has been approved by the International Coach Federation.
On this page, we have included information on approved training programs that partner with ICF North Texas. You will find two types of programs, Accredited Coach Training Programs (ACTP) and Approved Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH). A description of each type of program (ACTP, ACSTH, CCEU) follows the listing. You can also receive Continuing Coach Educational Units (CCEU’s) at our chapter meetings or through specialty providers. CCEU’s are meant as supplementary education for coaches.
North Texas Coach Training Programs
The Gardner Institute is a spiritual life coaching school based out of North Texas. As an Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP), our Core Coach Training course helps our clients gain the 60 required hours for ICF certification. Additionally, we offer our proprietary Mindset for Success coach training. This is a certification course that teaches our life coaches the Gardner Institute’s unique methodology combining spirituality and recent advancements in neuroscience to form a truly unique approach to life coaching and helping people improve their personal and spiritual lives. We are the only life coach training school that allows our students to go through our 60 hour certification course without having to take our proprietary Mindset for Success training at the same time.
It is our belief that everyone has unlimited power and it is our vision to awaken the Divine Intelligence within each individual through our scientifically-backed Mindset for Success process and our advanced coaching pedagogy.
Along with our two certification courses, we offer a series of workshops that our coaches can take as Continuing Education Courses, either alongside or separate from our certification courses. Our workshops are designed to focus on one particular aspect of the life coaching industry and our life coaching process, including The Neuroscience Behind Life Coaching Workshop, Coaching in Groups Workshop, Marketing Your Life Coaching Business Workshop, and our Evolve Workshop.
For more information, visit gardnerinstitute.com to get in touch with the Gardner Institute today.
Coach Academy's Coach Certification offers 62.5 hours of ICF and BCC approved Coach Specific Training, delivered in an intensive, focused 8-day experience. Students will be totally immersed in coaching philosophy, skills and practice, including a deep understanding of essential NLP techniques and models that support coaching effectiveness. There's tons of supervised practice coaching with individual attention and feedback. Included in the tuition are the 10 hours of mentor coaching that is required for ICF certification.
Our program is one of the most affordable in-person programs in the industry. We accept all major credit cards, and payment plans are available.
We invite you to talk with our graduates—students rave about the experience:
For more information, go to www.CoachAcademyInternational.com, or call Mina Brown for a personal briefing (972-733-9963).
“What a wonderful experience I had at Coach Academy. You have such a comprehensive, professional, and energizing program! I’m so excited about the possibilities this has opened up for me. You have my appreciation, gratitude, and respect.” Vallie Van Eron
“Coach Academy is an amazing program. . . . This has been a life-changing experience. The growth I have experienced is tremendous. I’'ve been honored to be taught by the best!” Karin A. Bailey
Coaching4Clergy’s vision of “Every Pastor, Ministry Staff and Church Leader a Coach” is becoming a reality with coach training scheduled world-wide. Our growth created the need for regional focus and Texas is our first Regional Coach Training Center.
At Coaching4Clergy (C4C), we recognize that coaching is an essential skill for today’s leaders in churches and other faith-based organizations in a changing world. We offer coach training options for those who wish to:
- Become an ICF credentialed coach
- Take their coaching skill to the next level
- Earn CCEUs for credential renewal
- Meet minimum eligibility requirements for ICF membership
- Teach or use basic coaching skills in their church or organization
Coaching4Clergy’s Professional Coach Training program is an ICF Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP) that includes four comprehensive 32-hour modules. The 128 –hour program is offered in a combination of on-site and live webinar classes that include extensive supervised coaching practice. Graduates are prepared to apply for ICF credentials at the PCC level. If you already have an ACC or have completed at least 60 hours of ICF approved coach specific hours elsewhere, you may enroll at the Module 3 level.
Module1 – Coaching Foundations
Module2 – Coaching Implementation
Module3 – Advanced Development
Module4 – Coaching Mastery
Our Train-the-Trainer clinic is designed to equip and certify participants to train others in our Basic Coach Training Certification. Participants earn 21 CCEU’s. Our Basic Coach Training Certification course is designed to equip pastors and other ministry and church leaders with coaching skills that can be integrated into their local ministry setting.
For more information please visit our website at www.Coaching4Clergy.com or contact J. Val Hastings, MCC, Owner and Founder of Coaching4Clergy.
Ultimate Coach University
Ultimate Coach University, with offices in Texas, offers over 140 hours of Approved Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH). As we add more hours, our goal is to become recognized by the ICF as an ACTP program. We deliver coach training for both new and experienced coaches that covers a variety of niches (business, life, and direct sales).
The live three-day seminar has a small student/faculty ratio for personal attention and takes you from zero to coaching with an intense introduction to effective coaching techniques, attitudes, and skills. This is what you get:
- Online DiSC profile to assess your communication style
- Experience as a coach and as a client (your first three sessions)
- Your UCU Resource Workbook
- Online Time Mastery profile and self-coaching application
- Your copy of Coaching for Performance by Sir John Whitmore.
- New Client Welcome Forms and Sample Coaching Agreements
- 16 hours of classes that carry ICF Continuing Education Credit
There are several distinctions that set us apart from other coach training programs:
- In addition to excellent training on core coaching competencies, we offer several certification tracks in specialized fields of coaching. Currently we offer tracks in life coaching, business coaching, and direct sales coaching.
- Each certification track has been designed by content thought-leaders who individually have a solid track record of sustainable results in their area of expertise.
- Zero interest payment plans are available.
- Certification programs are offered in live web conferencing with integrated audio by telephone.
For more information, schedule a personal admissions call at 972.874.8069.
The University of Texas at Dallas Executive and Professional Coaching Program
The University of Texas at Dallas Executive and Professional Coaching Program, an International Coach Federation (ICF) Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP),offers the following:
- Highly qualified faculty from all over North America with both academic and real-world coaching experience
- Graduate Certificate that meets ICF ACTP training, testing, and mentoring requirements for the PCC credential
This UT Dallas program provides the very best in distance learning education forthose who want to improve their coaching skills or pursue coaching as a profession.
- 100% online delivery using primarily real-time web conferencing with integrated audio by telephone
- Virtual classes scheduled Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday evenings, 5:30 pm Central Time for 60 to 90 minutes
- Cohort model that emphasizes collaborative learning with regular interaction between instructors and students
The Program resides in the Jindal School of Management, which has the highestnational accreditation from The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- Option to receive graduate credit for course work
- Option to apply the credits toward a Master of Science degree in Management and Administrative Sciences; concentration in organizational behavior and coaching.
This integrated approach to professional education for coaches provides a unique set of benefits that has resulted in hundreds of successful graduates since 2006.Visit the website coaching.utdallas.edu for more information, to subscribe to the UTD Coaching News, to register for an information session, or to see descriptions of classes and faculty.
Types of Coach Training Programs:
Coach Training Programs (ACTP)
Each Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP) offers:
- A minimum of 125 hours of coach-specific training
- Training on all ICF Core Competencies and the ICF Code of Ethics
- A minimum of six (6) observed coaching sessions with an experienced coach
- A comprehensive final exam that evaluates a student's coaching competency
Certified graduates of ACTPs may apply for an ACC or PCC credential using the ACTP graduate application. Students who complete some, but not all, of an ACTP may apply for a credential using the portfolio application. The completed hours are considered ACSTH.
CCE Note: All portions of an ACTP are also pre-approved as CCEUs for the purpose of renewing a credential.
Approved Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH)
Organizations that offer Approved Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) offer:
- A minimum of 30 hours of coach-specific training
- Training on all ICF Core Competencies and the ICF Code of Ethics
- Students the opportunity to use pre-approved training hours for an ACC, PCC, or MCC Portfolio application
Graduates of ACSTH programs applying for an ACC or PCC credential must use the portfolio application rather than the ACTP graduate application. The portfolio application includes an exam.
CCE Note: All portions of an ACSTH program are also pre-approved as CCEUs for the purpose of renewing a credential.
Continuing Coach Education Units (CCEU)
Continuing Coach Education courses are advanced or niche-specific courses that can be used to:
- Satisfy the renewal requirements for credentialed coaches renewing their ACC, PCC, or MCC credentials
- Further the ongoing development of the professional coach
- Apply toward coach-specific training requirements for an ICF Credential
Completion of a CCE program alone is generally not enough to satisfy the coach training requirements for a credential.